Whether you relish or dread the approach of Christmas, we can all surely unite around one common ideal: You DO NOT want to run out of wine… Do you?
Of course you don’t. Below I’ve outlined the key information relating to Christmas orders.
- Although some stock will be available to buy on the day of our Christmas tasting, we’ll be placing our main orders with suppliers once we have received order forms from customers. Ideally we’d like to collect these on the day of the tasting, but for those who can’t make it (and those who need a little more time to make a decision) we have a backstop deadline (backstop positions being very in vogue at the moment…)
- 26th November is the last day by which you must submit your order for us to be able to guarantee that all of the wines you’d like will be available. Orders can of course be accepted after the 26th November, but we may have to offer you some substitutes if we don’t have your preferred wines in stock.
- The final date for submitting a mail order is Friday 14th December in order to receive delivery by Wednesday 19th December. This is a couple of days ahead of the ParcelForce “final delivery” schedule just to be on the safe side. None of us need the stress of missing wine in the final countdown to Christmas…
- Local delivery dates for Christmas deliveries in Cornwall are Wednesday 12th, Thursday 13th and Friday 21st December. But we’re trying to save the 21st for genuine, last-ditch emergencies as John, our regular delivery driver, will be on holiday by then.
- Local delivery is free on all orders over £80 and national mail order is free on orders of over £250. Otherwise mail order is £14 reducing to £10 for wine club members (although our very special Christmas Cracker Case comes with a fixed mail order price of £10)
That’s it. All incredibly simple which probably means I’ve forgotten something important. Don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions and remember to order early and tick the most enjoyable Christmas “must do” off the intimidating and absurdly complicated “to do” list.